Friday, June 23, 2006

Oops!

Did you ever have those times when you was knitting away in a frenzy and really thinking 'Gee I am sure getting a lot done!' Only to find out OOPS! I forgot to center my heel of my sock with the ankle pattern.Oh my that is a whole lot of frogging to do. I had started the gusset when I realized while I was breaking my arm patting myself on the back for knitting so speedily that all of it was in the wrong place. Drat Drat Drat. I guess I was just too tired last night to remember to do it. Now all that work is frogged and here I go again on that same heel flap. I was really enjoying it but not nearly enough to want to do it over.

I know what I was thinking about. Yep those Spindles. It isn't like I don't have a drop spindle or even a spinning wheel but the newness of another toy to play with has sort of peaked my interest. I want to spin and sometimes the old shoulders just won't cooperate for the drop spindle. Maybe I am doing it wrong with that one too. But lots of spinners have more than one drop spindle. Why? Because, like potato chips, nobody can stop with just one. so just because it spins sideways not up and down I don't see any difference in adding it to my little tiny spindle collection. And I do mean tiny. I am still in single digits here.

Someone wrote to me and told me they liked fun stuff too. I have all kinds of fun 'toys' to play with. My coffee cup changes color with heat. When my coffee is hot the sun is out on the island beach and it is full day time. When my coffee starts getting cold the sun goes away, sky turns dark, and little stars come out. By glancing at the cup I can tell if I should hurry up and finish drinking that cup.

What about coffee? Anyone else drink coffee or cappuccino? I love it. I bought this coffee frother/mixer at Culinary Parts online. I like it so much I have purchased half a dozen of them and sent them to my mother too. I like to drink hot cappuccino mix by Hills Bros. Found at any Farmer Jack store. Every morning I make a fresh pot of coffee and use it with the mix for a real great cup of hot cappuccino! ok I know you are supposed to use hot water with the mix but i like coffee with my coffee.

Hope you have a really super Knitting Day!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sheep#100 said...

Poop on that frogging.

soapy said...

Oh boY!! I want one of both the rakestraw spindle and the froth mixer... have to wait for more $$ to come in.... Hope you have a a fun fibery weekend! Sorry about the frogging.....

Anonymous said...

I like coffee in my coffee, too. Some hot chocolate mix made with coffee is good if you're out of cappuccino mix. I would love to know where you got that cool coffee mug. It sounds like something a lot of people I know could use. Wow, there are a lot of different drop spindles. I am ready to buy my first one, and learn to spin.